sholom pevzner is on jcw wall of shame

SHOLOM PEVZNER/PEWSNER

Sholom Pevzner plead guilty in a Beer Sheva court in 2014 to molesting 4 minors. The plea deal followed a lengthy and drawn out court process, delayed when Pevsner fled the country to the US between the years of 2001 and 2013.

He is currently serving his sentence of 45 months in prison, and is due to be released in the coming months.

If you or someone you know was hurt by this individual, please contact your local police. If you have further information about his location following release or are in need of support, contact JCW.

Please share widely and act responsibly to protect our community’s children.

בשנת 2014 הודה שלום פבזנר בביצוע מעשים מגונים בארבעה קטינים שונים במסגרת עסקת טיעון לאחר תהליך ארוך וממושך, שנמשך אפילו יותר כשבפזנר נמלט לארה”ב בין השנים 2001 ל2013. נגזרו עליו עונש מאסר של 45 חודשים בפועל שאותם הוא מרצה בישראל.

שלום אמור להשתחרר בחודש הבא מהכלא.

אם אתה או אדם אחר שאתה מכיר נפגעתם על ידי אדם זה, אנא צרו קשר עם תחנת המשטרה הקרובה לאזור מגורכם.

אם יש בידכם מידע אודות מקום מגוריו לאחר השחרור מהכלא או לכל עזרה אחרת, אנא צרו קשר עם JCW.

אנא שתפו פוסט זה והפיצו, וביחד נפעל לעולם בטוח עבור ילדינו

A Bnei Brak Teacher Molests Children but Parents are Too Afraid to React

A Bnei Brak Teacher Molests Children but Parents are Too Afraid to React

Posted on May 29, 2017

Last night Israeli Channel 2 broadcasted another horrifying story from Bnei Brak, where a number of parents believe that one of the teachers has been sexually abusing their children for a several years. When approached, the principal confirmed that the suspect “strokes children – it’s true, no doubt about it.”

Nevertheless, the parents are frightened to take the matter further. Unfortunately, due to the culture of silence in their community, not one of these parents has so far been willing to approach the police to make a formal complaint.

One parent was recorded anonymously. He told how, “My wife said to me, ‘Don’t do it. You’ll pay a heavy price. Why are you getting involved in this story?’”

“Three years now L is raping children and everybody’s silent! Is this Torah education?!” the parent added.

Racheli Roshgold of Lo Tishtok, an NGO which combats sexual violence in the Haredi community, said, “I have personally witnessed the absolute fear that reigns within this Chassidic sect. More people were in touch with me, but they adamantly refuse to be revealed, they’re not willing to go to the police, despite my attempts to persuade them. And they also explain with great pain why they are unable to speak to the police.”

The voice of another parent with a child in the school was also broadcast anonymously: “There’s nothing we can do, we’re frightened, we have nowhere else to send the children, if not this school. And they threatened us that if we go to the police or co-operate with the investigations, then they’ll kick us out of the system.”

You can watch the full report in Hebrew here.

http://makostorepdl-a.akamaihd.net/SHORT/CH22_NEWS/2017/05/20more_talnud_tora_vtr2_n20170528_v1/20more_talnud_tora_vtr2_n20170528_v1_500.mp4

from JCW

Shavuos Message from JCW

Ahavas Yisrael is a central theme of the Shavuos story.

In the most dramatic event in the Jewish tradition, the entire Jewish people gather around Mount Sinai as they received the Torah. There’s a well-known textual nuance – it says that the “people camped around the mountain” in the singular – a sign that the people were totally united.

Unity is praiseworthy. Ahavas Yisrael is wonderful. Love is precious.

But, like everything else in the Torah, Ahavas Yisrael must be performed correctly. Unfortunately, our community is not perfect, and there are those amongst us who do wicked, unspeakable things. All too often, this sense of Ahavas Yisrael is misplaced as credible reports of horrific abuse are dismissed.

When stories about appalling exploitation emerge, people don’t want to believe that their neighbor, their business associate, their friend from shul, could do such horrible things, and so they bury their heads in the sand rather than confront the truth. Instead, people tell themselves that Jews must stick together. In doing so, they totally disregard the agony of the victims and pave the way for more abuse to happen in the future.

Ahavas Yisrael is only good if it protects the weak, and prevents people from being hurt. The moment that Ahavas Yisrael is used as a cover for sick abuse, then it becomes a dangerous deception. As much as it may go against your instincts, we have an obligation to show abusers zero tolerance.

It’s time to create genuine Ahavas Yisrael. Genuine Ahavas Yisrael means standing up for the victims. Genuine Ahavas Yisrael means recognizing the evil in our midst and doing everything we can to wipe it out. Genuine Ahavas Yisrael means showing compassion for those who have suffered, and giving it our best to prevent future abuse.

This Shavuos, let’s show some real achdus and stand together to put an end to child sex abuse. Be a voice for those without one, stand with survivors today!

british police ignore attack on jewish family

A Jewish family from Stamford Hill enjoying a beach vacation were attacked by a gang of teens, and local police refused to help.

The family and their five young children, aged 8 to 15, were playing on the beach when a group of five teens ran towards them allegedly throwing stones. The suspects, two boys and three girls in their upper teens, were also shouting anti-Semitic slurs such as “Jews!”

The incident occurred at Minster beach on the Isle of Sheppey, a popular vacation spot about 50 miles east of London.

The family took shelter and called police, while the attackers remained on the beach and continued their assault. To their shock, Kent Police informed them they would not immediatly be responding to the scene, and instead, were told that an officer would contact them the following week to “investigate”.

Left with no choice, the family was forced to cut short their vacation and return home to Stamford Hill. They have since contacted Shomrim NE London who is advocating on their behalf.

The Campaign Against Anti-Semitism has branded the handling of the incident “appalling.” Local Conservative candidate Tom Tugendhat on twitter said the attack was “disgraceful”.

The following is a statement from Kent Police: “Kent Police was called at 4.10pm on Sunday 28 May 2017 to a report of an assault at Minster Beach, Isle of Sheppey.

“During the call the informant left the scene and officers deemed there was no further risk.

“As the informant is from outside of the county, police are arranging a suitable time to speak to the informant in due course. No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information about the incident can call Kent Police on 01795 419119 quoting reference 28-0929.”

joseph gutnick owes n sternberg from crown heights 33 million

Mining magnate “Diamond” Joe Gutnick was once ranked among the wealthiest men in the country, with a fortune totalling more than $300 million.

Now the former Melbourne Football Club president has declared himself bankrupt, with debts totalling more than $275 million, after a deal with one of India’s biggest fertiliser groups turned sour.

Pause
Mute
Current Time 0:28
/
Duration Time 0:58
Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%

Fullscreen
MORE NATIONAL NEWS VIDEOSPrevious slide Next slide
null
‘Diamond Joe’ loses his sparkle
null
Video duration
01:46
Police find missing boy taken from …
null
Video duration
00:26
Melbourne teen arrested over school bomb …
null
Video duration
01:49
Police describe boy taken from hospital
null
Video duration
03:27
Andrew Chan funeral: self-authored eulogy
null
Video duration
01:51
AFP’s metadata mea culpa
null
Video duration
00:48
Government walks back gas promise
null
Video duration
02:57
Will bank earnings drive the ASX 200 …
MORE VIDEOS
‘Diamond Joe’ loses his sparkle
Once a BRW rich-lister, mining magnate Joseph Gutnick has filed for bankruptcy.
Mr Gutnick’s statement of affairs, obtained by Fairfax Media, shows he owes his creditors $275 million, and has no other assets except for $16,087 in savings and a worthless portfolio of shareholdings.

It’s a long way from the peak of his career in the 1990s, when the BRW rich-lister had all the accoutrements that great wealth brings, including mansions, a Rolls-Royce, a luxury boat and a private plane.

SHARE
SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE
SHARE ON TWITTER TWEET
LINK
Joseph Gutnick declared himself bankrupt in July.
Joseph Gutnick declared himself bankrupt in July. Photo: Jesse Marlow
The $275 million collapse ranks him alongside the biggest bankruptcies in Australian history, although he still lags behind the $600 million owed by Alan Bond when his empire crumbled.

Mr Gutnick declared himself bankrupt on Friday, ahead of a court hearing on Monday to hear a petition by his former business partner Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO), which was seeking to have him declared bankrupt over a $54 million debt.

Advertisement

IFFCO is Mr Gutnick’s former partner in the Legend phosphate mining project in northern Australia. The Singapore International Arbitration Centre found last year that he and his company had made fraudulent representations about the deal.

In a statement of affairs signed by Mr Gutnick, IFFCO is owed $54 million. Mr Gutnick also owes Westpac $4 million, has run up credit card bills to American Express, Visa and Diners Club totalling in excess of $520,000, and owes the Australian Tax Office “$42,613 plus”.

SHARE
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE ON TWITTER
LINK
Mr Gutnick: ”There have been many ups and downs …”
Mr Gutnick: ”There have been many ups and downs …” Photo: Nicolas Walker
The statement of affairs lists Mr Gutnick’s wife, Stera Gutnick, as a creditor, owed $30.7 million. The Edensor Consultants Trust is owned $61.4 million, the Hoydu Family Trust is owed $40 million and a company called Class Productions is owed a further $16 million. All are listed as “related parties” to Mr Gutnick.

Mr Gutnick also claims to owe tens of millions of dollars to a number of overseas creditors, including $33 million to one “N Sternberg” of New York and a further $13.3 million to “Machne Israel” of New York.

A worldwide search for Mr Gutnick’s assets will now take place, with special focus being paid to his offshore holdings, due to his long-time dealings in America, Singapore and Europe.

The bankruptcy means Mr Gutnick cannot be a company director in Australia for three years, or until he strikes a deal with his creditors that is approved by his trustee in bankruptcy.

It’s just the latest chapter in the colourful career of the man best known as “Diamond Joe”. In 1996 he was elected president of Melbourne Football Club, which meant he was walking the corridors of power as part of the Melbourne establishment. His money helped save the Demons, as the club had been in such dire financial straits that its members had voted to merge with Hawthorn.

In 1999, he and his business partner, Robert Champion de Crespigny, were found to have illegally structured a takeover of a mining company. Gutnick was ordered to pay $28.5 million to investors. His empire came crashing down. But he fought back. In 2014 his fortune was estimated to be more than $250 million, and he was on the BRW Rich 200 list.

Fairfax Media attempted to contact Mr Gutnick.

Last month, after his latest court loss, he spoke with Fairfax. “Yes, there have been many ups and downs, but I pray the graph will turn back up for me at some time very soon,” he chuckled. “It has in the past, and I pray it will again.”

The New Delhi-based IFFCO and its Dubai-based subsidiary Kisan International Trading took action to bankrupt Mr Gutnick after the Supreme Court of Victoria upheld a Singapore arbitration ruling that found he personally owed his former business partners $US28.05 million. His company, Legend International, was found to owe a further $US12.35 million.

As revealed by Fairfax Media in October, the legal battle centred on a deal for Mr Gutnick’s company Legend International Holdings to supply phosphate to IFFCO.

The deal was part of Mr Gutnick’s dream to create a fertiliser group to rival the $5 billion fertiliser giant Incitec Pivot seven years ago.

In 2008, to much fanfare, Mr Gutnick and his business partners announced a $100 million-plus deal to supply Queensland phosphate to IFFCO.

Under the deal, IFFCO was to invest the $103 million over two years in Legend International Holdings through acquiring shares and options.

United States-listed Legend International owns 100 per cent of the shares in the Mount Isa phosphate producer and one-time ASX hopeful Paradise Phosphate.

Yet the timing was far from perfect, with the global financial crisis and the credit freeze that went along with it cruelling Paradise Phosphate and Legend International’s plans.

In the end, IFFCO’s deal with Legend fell apart after Legend failed to deliver the phosphate to IFFCO.

Legend told America’s financial regulator, the Securities Exchange Commmission, that it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May